The National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network (PCORnet)
Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019 · 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EST
Location: Your office or conference room (no need to travel!)
Discover how you can conduct efficient, patient-centric research, using a national resource.
PCORnet, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, is an innovative network of networks advancing the use of electronic health data in comparative effectiveness research.
PCORnet is designed to make it faster, easier and less costly to conduct clinical research by harnessing the power of large amounts of health data and patient partnerships.
- Transform trials with information on the patient-centered ecosystem, the distributed architecture of the network, and access to data as well as disparate data sources
- Obtain information on the health systems, health plans, and other stakeholders (communities and patients) involved in the infrastructure
- Use PCORnet as a resource in conducting various types of research such as, large pragmatic clinical trials, prospective and retrospective observational studies
- Gain advanced capabilities to recruit and enroll
- Enhance ascertainment of outcomes through the increased ability to link to partners with claims data and patient reported outcomes
- Optimize infrastructure with respect to specific conditions and communities
Conduct more efficient, patient-centered research that improves healthcare outcomes. Join us by registering for this FREE webinar today.
Who Will Benefit
The attendees focus would be on funding or conducting more efficient patient-centered research that improves healthcare outcomes.
Meet Your PresenterS
Maryan Zirkle, PCORI Senior Program Officer
Maryan Zirkle, MD, MS, MA, is a Senior Program Officer on the Research Infrastructure team at the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). She is responsible for providing intellectual and organizational support for the development and regulation of PCORI’s National Patient-Centered Clinical Data Research Network.
Elizabeth Shenkman, PCORnet Steering Committee Chair,
OneFlorida Clinical Research Network PI
Elizabeth Shenkman, Ph.D. currently serves as the Chairperson for the Department of Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics, the Co-Director for University of Florida Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), and the Associate Director for Population Science for the UF Health Cancer Center.
Adrian Hernandez, Coordinating Center PI
Dr. Hernandez, Professor of Medicine at Duke University Medical Center, is a cardiologist with extensive experience in clinical research ranging from clinical trials to outcomes and health services research. He is the Faculty Associate Director of the Duke Clinical Research Institute and Director of the Health Services and Outcomes Research Domain.