Key Cost Drivers of Clinical Trials:
A Step-by-Step Guide to Successful Budgeting
Sponsored by OCT Clinical Trials
Thursday, June 25, 2020
11:00 a.m. EDT | 3:00 p.m. GMT | Duration: 40 min.
Location: Your office or conference room (no need to travel!)
Are your pharma clinical trials running over budget? What expenses can you cut without compromising quality?
Watching the numbers rise may be overwhelming but managing them doesn’t need to be. Not with a checklist of hidden costs and expert guidance on seeking out budgetary weak points.
This free webinar will cover reasons trial spending might exceed proposed costs and how to navigate shifting study needs while maintaining a budget. Turning to real-world case studies on successful financial planning, you’ll master a framework to create a budget that works for you and your team. You’ll also get a view into how the current global pandemic has impacted trial budgets and how to handle these modifications.
Clinical trial management expert Irina Petrova, director of clinical operations at OCT Clinical Trials, will share common issues that push studies over budget, how to determine which costs and expenses can be cut without sacrificing trial quality, and ways the current health crisis has shifted the financial obligations of clinical trials.
Key Webinar Takeaways:
- Optimizing a Clinical Trial Budget
Finding Hidden Trial Costs
- Determining expendable costs and expenses
- Case studies on successful budget planning
- Statistics on exceeding, meeting, and running below budget
- Focusing on programmatic goals to direct spending
The Impact of the Global Health Crisis on Trial Costs
- Common unexpected costs and how to plan for them
- Staying on track despite necessary trial adjustments
- The shifting needs of a trial during the COVID-19 pandemic
Between hidden costs, unexpected study adjustments, and missed planning opportunities, maintaining a clinical trial budget can be a challenging task. Let us make it simpler. Take these expert-suggested steps to manage your trial costs without compromising its success.
Join us by registering today for this free webinar.
Who Will Benefit:
- Mid-size pharmaceutical and biotech company staff
- Biotech startup staff and leadership
- Heads of clinical operations
- Directors of clinical trial management
- Directors of research and development
- Directors of clinical operations
- Clinical trials managers
- Chief scientific and medical officers
- Vice presidents of clinical operations and development
- Procurement managers
- Clinical outsourcing managers
Meet Your Presenter:
MD in Psychiatry and Director of Clinical Operations
OCT Clinical Trials
Irina Petrova, MD in psychiatry and director of clinical operations at OCT Clinical Trials, has been working in the world of clinical trials for more than 15 years, with extensive experience working for both global and local CROs. At OCT, Ms. Petrova serves as the controlling project supervisor and handles all fundamental issues regarding the group’s global clinical operations in Russia, the Netherlands, Croatia, Spain, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Serbia, Moldova, Georgia, Estonia, and Bulgaria. She works closely with clinical trial managers, who report to her on the status of OCT’s ongoing studies. Ms. Petrova is an expert in the management of all phases of clinical operations, from pre-clinical to Phase IV studies, and has worked in trials covering oncology, infectious diseases, oncohematology, children’s diseases, endocrinology, internal diseases, rheumatology, neurology, surgery, cardiology, systematic diseases, and gastroenterology.